Action priorities to control construction planning and process improvement measures acc. to IEC 61882
Consistency of HAZOP and control plan, HAZOP and CP are always perfectly coordinated
Can be integrated into daily business:
Process steps and system components as reusable standard analysis modules
Interface for the convenient exchange of HAZOP data with Office packages, such as spreadsheet editors
MBFG GmbH & Co. KG
D-73525 Schwaebisch Gmuend
T +49 7171 9299-25 F 9299-26
Approx. 120 companies from different industries.
Carl Freudenberg, Eckart Ltd. (ALTANA), Imeco, Superior Industries, Ruppmann Ltd., Aurubis Stolberg, TROY Corp., etc.
The implementation and documentation of HAZOP analyzes (Hazard and Operability Studies) is becoming increasingly important in the chemical, pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
In order to be able to meet the strict environmental protection and safety requirements with increasing complexity of the processes, forward-looking methods must be used that aim to preventive control of risks within the framework of strategic risk management.
One such tool is the formalism of the HAZOP process. It is a systematic procedure for finding non-obvious sources of hazards in existing or planned production facilities.
The subject of investigation can be all types of plants in industry: Continuous plants (e.g. in petrochemicals) as well as discontinuous, batch-oriented units or individual units. HAZOP can also be used for logistical processes (e.g. storage and transport).
The user already masters the software operation with basic knowledge.
If you have any further questions (e.g. regarding the planning approach to specific projects), please contact our specialists team.
As part of our strategic release policy, upgrades with provided migration tools and subsequent software expansions are guaranteed at all times.
The HAZOP (Hazard and Operability Studies) methodology in plant safety and process planning is an essential component of IEC 61882/2017 and a mandatory criterion within the framework of the relevant hazard prevention standards.
When viewed realistically, these requirements can only be met by using a rational approach using modern technology.
Especially with regard to interacting components, the focus is on the predictive identification of events (failure effect analysis).
The structure of CIMOS™ focuses on this way of thinking.
Execution of high quality HAZOP analyzes based on flexible variant trees:
Simple and clear handling, making it particularly suitable for SMEs (small and medium sized companies, e.g. laboratories)
Data import for "those willing to change" from Office / MS Excel™
Time-saving modular system for process families
Root cause diagnosis in form of Ishikawa diagrams, impact assessment supported by component / working step usage display
Knowledge base for analog hazard patterns, along with the ability to search and import
Effective workload relief through checklists, use of project templates and text catalogs
• High performing relational database system
• Full support of all HAZOP types (Process, Facility, Design, Planning, HAZOP-MSR, PHA)
• Modular structure based on process step / function related resources
• Tree chart representing current system and/or process structure
• User defined standard text catalogues and checklists for data entry
• Copy function for complex HAZOP system tree structures (product / process variants)
• Unlimited text volume in HAZOP forms, internal entries for comments
• Definition of individual PN (Priority Number) evaluation factors, SIL evaluations also available
• Prioritization of actions according to cost/effect levels
• HAZOP form printout acc. to QS 9000 / IEC 61882:2017 or user defined
• Hazard tree chart (cause/effect diagrams) and risk matrices as additional print formats
• HAZOP version manager with release status und automatic filing (archives)
• Time limits supervision and full "Action Priorities"(AP) support acc. to the latest standards
• Application controlled eMail dispatch of corrective action reminders
• Risk Priority Number (Occurence, Severence, Detection) ranking list
• Pareto chart for risk evaluation
• 'Executive report' for consolidated management information
• Text retrieval and search functions for detection of analogies in former studies
• Passwords for user specific functional application restrictions
• Control Plan acc. to ISO TS, consistently linked to the HAZOP data
• Interface for 3D viewer applications (CAD, BIM)
• Windows™ Excel™ utility for data import from external HAZOP and/or PHA spreadsheets
• HAZOP form content comparison to show the modifications between different version releases
• Floating server license: Price as single user, access from any network PC possible
• Self-sufficient, no third-party tools or external database licenses required
Intuitive user interface:
The CIMOS™ development concept is focused on clear structure and simple operability. Experience with our clients has shown that on-line training and workshops regarding program operation can be completed in abt. 6 hrs. (via conference tool).
Software screenshots w/explanations CLICK HERE
CIMOS™ in brief (Flyer / German) CLICK HERE
Demo version, free of charge, Passwort "level1" REQUIRE HERE
Demo unlimited in time, identical to full version.
Limitation: max. one page HAZOP form printout (with watermark), form preview on screen without restriction
Windows™ 10 / 8.x als x32/x64, min. 4 GB RAM
Windows Server™ 2019 / ...16 /...12 /...08, min. 500 MB free space on hard disk